Comprised of a polyester film backing with a layer of adhesive on each side, 3M™ Double Coated Tape 93015LE is a market proven, double coated transfer tape with good anti-lifting properties. This tape bonds well to similar and dissimilar materials including, metals, most plastics, glass, papers and painted surfaces.
- Polyester film carrier provides dimensional stability to foams and other substrates to make tape easier to handle during slitting and die-cutting
- Excellent bond to low surface energy substrates including powder coatings and plastics such as polypropylene (PP)
- High adhesion to metals and high surface energy materials, making it suitable for bonding dissimilar substrates
- Adhesive provides excellent holding power and anti-lifting properties
Versatile, Market Leading Performance
For applications requiring premium performance and a moderate profile, use our versatile 3M™ Double Coated Tape 93015LE (PDF, 435 Kb). This tape is a market leading solution for bonding plastics in a variety of applications across a broad spectrum of industries. It offers good chemical, humidity and moisture resistance, as well as performance across a wide temperature range (from -40°F/-40°C to 300°F/148°C). The bond strength increases as a function of time and temperature, and has very high initial adhesion.
This tape is supplied on a tan 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner ideal for die-cutting and converting applications. The polyester carrier provides dimensional stability to foams and other substrates, making it easier to handle the tape during slitting and die-cutting. Part of the 3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE family, this tape is manufactured using a solventless manufacturing process. 3M™ Double Coated Tape 93015LE meets UL746C (reference file QOQW2.MH17478).
- Consumer electronic device assemblies such as phones, tablets and wearable devices
- Industrial electronic device assemblies such as workstations
- Plastic assembly bonding in a variety of industries
- Various assemblies in the automotive industry
- Application and assembly of components on appliances
- Medical equipment and device fabrication
- General industrial applications such as trim attachment