3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 468MP offers outstanding adhesion on metal and high surface energy plastics. 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP delivers excellent shear strength to resist slippage and edge lifting. Temporarily repositionable for placement accuracy, this tape also performs well after exposure to humidity and hot/cold temperatures.
Outstanding Adhesion on Metals and HSE Plastics
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 468MP features a 5.2 mil adhesive for splicing and laminating procedures using metals and HSE plastics. The thicker caliper adds wet out capability for surfaces where adhesion may be compromised by slight textures or irregularities. 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP is delivered on a 4.2 mil, 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner which is excellent for rotary processing of graphic and die cut parts. This adhesive transfer tape also resists solvents, humidity and moisture, as well as heat up to 400°F / 204°C for short periods.
- Delivers exceptional peel and shear strength for metals and HSE plastics
- 58# polycoated kraft paper (PCK) liner offers a high strength bond for splicing and laminating applications
- Thicker adhesives improve wet-out and adhesion on textured surfaces
- Provides very high resistance to solvents and humidity
- Bonding metal nameplates and rating plates
- Long term bonding of graphic nameplates and overlays (“subsurface” printed polycarbonate or polyester) specifically to textured metal and high surface energy plastics
- High speed processing of parts (medical components, durable labels, flexible circuits)
- Bonding graphic overlays for membrane switches and bonding complete switches to equipment surfaces